Back when Dave Letterman was on TV, I always enjoyed his top ten lists. The top ten list is so useful! It is so often one of the best ways I can think of to write down ideas or thoughts. So, it occurs to me that since most of you don’t know me very well, I might offer a “getting to know you” edition of this month’s newsletter article. Here are a few handy things to know about me as we start in this season of ministry together.
1. I’m 42 years old. Just so you don’t have to guess.
2. Chad and I are coming up on our ten-year anniversary in September.
3. I am the mother of Claire, (age 7), and Aaron (age 4). They are delightful.
4. One of my favorite words in the whole world is “delightful.”
5. I am forgetful, so please remind me of prayer requests that you’ve mentioned, visits that might be needed, or other concerns that are on your mind.
6. I’ve lived in seven states, most of which are in the Midwest. I’m a relative newcomer to central Pennsylvania. I’m still getting used to some of the vocabulary.
7. I am forgetful, so if you tell me something on the way out of church, there’s a good chance it will slip out of my brain before I’ve left the parking lot.
8. I love to laugh. And I am very often trying to make others laugh. Because in the book of Proverbs, I once read “a merry heart doeth good like a medicine,” and took it as a direct order.
9. It seems important to me to mention that I’m forgetful.
10. I will do my very best to serve as your interim pastor. I am already enjoying the people here so much! But it’s no secret that I am not perfect and prone to some of the same character flaws that I’ve had since the fifth grade. (But that’s probably its own top ten list.)
I am looking forward to getting to know all of you more!! Thank you for already being so welcoming and friendly.
In the meantime, may the joy of the resurrection come alive for you as we move from Lent into Easter this month.